Sunday, October 24, 2010

Arrival in Kigali

Rwanda is great so far. We've been staying at the Kabusunzu Center in of Kigali for a few days to recover from jet lag and learn some very basic information. Today, we will be taking a bus to Nyanza (close to Kigali) for pre-service training. Yesterday, we visited the gisozi genocide memorial. More on all of this to come later. This is just to let everybody know that I have made it into Rwanda safely with all of my luggage and it may be a few days before I get a phone.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ian, Sorry i missed your call, but I'm glad you've already got your phone. Your number didn't appear on caller id, so please call again or tell us your #. Love, your Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I tried calling you today but skype said your number was invalid, so either I got the wrong number from your message or I did something wrong; call me again or email me or skype message me your number again; love, C

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Connie - in Rwanda, if the phone is turned off / ran out of battery / or out of service area, it will tell you "the phone number you have dialed is not available. blah blah blah compose (something in french)". don't worry, it's not you. =)

    ReplyDelete